You’ve said YES and now it’s time to share the happy news with your nearest and dearest. But who do you tell first? How do you make sure you don’t accidentally offend somebody in your inner circle? And when you do share your news publicly, what’s the best, cutest and most Instagram-worthy way to do it? Today we share it all!
Listen on Apple podcasts here!
First announce your news to your inner circle. This is your parents, siblings, close friends.
You can do this via phone call or text, whatever is most appropriate for the relationship. If you’re not sure, consider how you usually communicate with them.
Then share more widely. Text your other friends, work colleagues etc.
Then tell the world. The best way to do this is with a fab social media announcement.
- Include your ring in the announcement
- Share photos from a pro or ones you’ve taken yourself
- Include your pet or child if you have one – “My parents are getting married” or “Future ring bearer”
- Say it with a sign – something like “Forever has a nice ring to it”
- A close up of the ring
- A photo of you two jumping for joy
- Write “I said yes” on your hand
- Say it with coffee – something like “bride to be” on your Starbucks coffee cup
- Take a cute selfie
- Something cheeky – you holding a mug that says “Does this ring make me look engaged?”
Here are some cute caption ideas to make your engagement announcement perfect:
From books, TV and movies
The one where we got engaged. (From Friends)
You’re my person. (From Grey’s Anatomy)
“Let’s start with forever.” (From Twilight)
“Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same.” (From Wuthering Heights)
“‘Cause we were just kids when we fell in love.” (Perfect – Ed Sheeran)
“Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you.” (Marry You – Bruno Mars)
“I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart.” (Ho Hey – The Lumineers)
Something cute or funny
Easiest ‘yes’ I’ve ever said.
The beginning of forever.
Just like Beyonce, but with an ‘f’.
I said YES!
Kelly is a former wedding planner and a lover of anything pink. She believes that any bride can plan her own wedding, with a few tips and helpful tools.