If you’re lucky enough to be planning a special trip for after the Big Day, this honeymoon packing checklist might come in handy! There’s so much to organise for the wedding alone so adding a holiday in to the equation (which can come with a serious amount of planning too) may leave you a little frazzled. Worry not, check out all you’ll need to pack for your trip of a lifetime below…
1. Make sure to check the weather in advance – hot climates like Sri Lanka may have gorgeous sunny days but they have rainy season too so you may need a rain mac.
2. Give yourself a few days to get your things together – and make sure you check your baggage allowance so there’s no surprise fee come the airport.
3. When it comes to choosing your outfits, try and pick pieces you can easily mix and match and plan outfits in advance!
4. It’s a holiday like no other so you may want a statement dress or playsuit for your final night or a special dinner. Make sure to pick up some pieces you love so you’ll feel amazing!
5. Accessories can really take your look from day to night! A cute clutch or statement necklace will instantly jazz up an LBD, for instance.
6. We love the idea of keeping the bridal vibes going with some pretty white pieces!
7. If you’re adventurous or plan on plenty of exploring, don’t forget some comfy shoes you’ve broken in.
Carry On Bag
- Airline Boarding Passes & Itinerary
- Passport & Visas
- Driving Licence (if you’re planning to hire a car)
- Photocopies of all documents
- Credit & Debit Cards, Cash, Travellers Cheques, Foreign Currency
- Copy of Reservation Details
- Vaccination Documents & Health Insurance Details/Cards
- Covid-related Documents (if applicable – be sure to check!)
- Travel Insurance Details
- Hotel Contact Details/Directions
- Phone & Charger
- Medication (in original bottles)
- Glasses/Contact Lenses
- Camera & Charger
- Music/iPod and earphones
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Toiletries – Minis
- Travel Pillow
- Eye Mask
- Ear Plugs
- Travel Adapter
- Important Phone Numbers – Bank, Doctor etc.
- Marriage Cert (some resorts may wish to see a copy if there are honeymoon extras included to prove that you are married)
- Bottoms – Jean, shorts, leggings, skirts
- Dresses – Maxi, mini, LBD
- Underwear & Socks
- Shoes – Sandals, Heels, Wedges, Flip Flops, Runners
- Runners/Walking Shoes
- Jewellery & Accessories (Belt, etc)
- Bags – Clutch, Satchel etc.
- Hair Accessories – Bobbins, Hairbands, Kirby Grips etc.
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair Products – Hair Oil, Dry Shampoo, Mousse, Gel etc.
- Hairdryer & Curling Tongs, Straightener etc.
- Shower Gel/Bubble Bath
- Cleanser & Toner
- Cleansing Pads/Cotton Buds
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Dental Floss
- Mouth Wash
- Cosmetics – Makeup, Blusher, Mascara etc
- Nail Polish & Remover
- Nail Clippers/File
- Contact Lens & Cleaning Solution
- Razor & Shaving Cream/Hair Removal Cream
- Beard Oil
- Insect Repellant
- Cream for Insect Bites
- First Aid Kit – Plasters, Painkillers, Antihistamines etc.
- Beach Cover Up/Kaftan
- Beach Bag
- Flip Flops/Sandals
- Beach Towel
- Sun Hat
- After Sun
- Snowsuit/Waterproof Jacket & Trousers (if you’re not hiring them on your trip)
- Warm Jumpers
- Thick Waterproof Socks
- Waterproof Boots
- Skis, Poles & Ski Boots (if not renting)
- Neutral, long sleeved tops and trousers (choose colours that will blend in like khaki, tans and browns)
- Comfortable Hiking boots or Walking Shoes
- Waterproof Rain Jacket
- Mosquito Net
- Wet Wipes
- Any Prescribed Medication e.g. Malaria Tablets
Extras to Consider
- Camera Batteries & Memory Card
- Guide Book
- Walking Shoes
- Rain Jacket
Kelly is a former wedding planner and a lover of anything pink. She believes that any bride can plan her own wedding, with a few tips and helpful tools.