I’m a big believer in having an engagement shoot. It’s a brilliant way to get to know your photographer and you’ll start to feel comfortable in front of the camera. For many of us, it’s awkward posing for photos, so having an engagement shoot gives you a chance to relax well before your Big Day!
But what do you do with your engagement photos? There are plenty of fabulous ways to get the most out of your engagement photos, so take a look at our creative ideas below:
- Share them on social media and update your profile pics.
- Add the photos to your wedding website, along with the story of how you met! (Here’s how to write your story)
- Use the photos in your Save The Dates.
- Get the photos printed as Save The Date magnets for your guests to display on their fridge.
- Pop an engagement photo into your invitation envelope package.
- Include some photos in your wedding programme.
- Add one of your photos to the cover of your wedding guestbook.
- Turn your favourite photo into a jigsaw puzzle. You can use this as a guestbook, where guests write their name on the back of the puzzle pieces.
- Include these photos in your personalised table numbers at your wedding.
- Create an album with your love story and gift it to your partner. (Get your album printed here)
- Give your partner a calendar filled with your engagement photos and a wedding countdown.
- Print one of your photos on a large canvas and display it in your home.
- Include one of your photos in a holiday card and send it to your family.
- Thank your guests for attending your wedding, by including an engagement photo in your card.
- Use the photos in your wedding favours (here’s an idea: print a custom wine label using your photo and give your guests a bottle of wine).
- Print your engagement photos, frame them and give them to your parents and grandparents.
- Create a photo wall at your wedding, where you tell your love story. Use your engagement photos to bring this story to life.
- Make a wedding slideshow and have it playing during dinner. (Expert tips here)