I recently got connected with bride to be, Corinne, and was quickly struck by her passion. I thought she had an interesting story and that she’d be able to share some helpful tips with you on a very popular topic: getting in shape for your wedding day—even in the midst of a global pandemic! (Tip #3 is key!)
“I know I am new here so let me introduce myself. I am Corinne, a Registered Dietitian, Virtual Nutrition Coach and fellow COVID Bride. I have been with my fiance for almost 10 years, we got engaged the day before Thanksgiving 2018 (he proposed to me with our house, but I’ll save that story for later). We were supposed to get married on March 28, 2020 except COVID-19 and the stay at home order happened the week before our date so we postponed until August 7, 2020, then finally postponed for the last time to March 6, 2021. (I swear if it doesn’t happen this time, we are eloping – does anyone else feel this way?!)
Anywho, I help brides, just like, you slim down and feel confident for their wedding day and everyday after without dieting. Bride, I hear you talking to yourself saying, “what do you mean without dieting?! How do brides lose weight then?” I am here to tell you that you never have to diet again to reach and maintain your weight loss goals.
Now to the good stuff. Here are the 5 mistakes I see brides, just like you, make when slimming down for your wedding day.
- You start working on your weight loss goals too late. I recommend to my bridal clients to start working on their wedding day weight loss goals at least 6-12 months before their wedding date. By starting this early, it makes sure that you actually reach your weight loss goals before your wedding dress alterations have to happen, which is usually 1-3 months before your wedding date.
- You follow some strict fad diet or pay for meal replacement shakes because you think it will make it easy to lose weight. Those diets are really restrictive and low calorie, which is why you might see weight loss, but then you’ll plateau and not know what to try next. You will have low energy, increased stress and might start feeling hangry because you are not fueling your body. My brides all learn how to nourish their bodies with all foods for optimal energy (no hangryness allowed).
- You only work on eating less and exercising more. Those diets and meal plans you are doing do not focus on other areas of health, stress, sleep and mindset. If you continue to disregard all areas of health you will never learn to love yourself once you reach that number you’ve been wanting on the scale. You might think it’s the number you’re after but really it’s the feeling you are looking for. By not doing the internal work you are setting yourself up to fail.
- You try losing weight on your own and you give up. A recent graduate of my coaching program told me that she had hit an all time low before working with me. She was lost and confused because she tried every diet out there and nothing worked for her. She was about to give up on it all and continue to hate how she looked with little to no confidence in herself. Then she joined my program, gained the guidance that gave her a plan that was specific to her, support and accountability to keep pushing through the challenging days and she was able to completely transform her life. She is now buying smaller size clothes, has more confidence than she has ever had and is living a life she is obsessed with. I want this for you bride! You deserve this kind of life and feels!
- You are too prideful and feel guilty that you do not know how to lose weight on your own so you do not hire a coach. There is no shame or guilt in not knowing everything. It is impossible to be an expert in every area of your life. It is okay to ask for help when help is needed. If you’ve been considering hiring a coach to help you slim down for your wedding day or if you haven’t thought about it but are interested in learning more, this is your sign. Hire the coach. You will not regret it.
Bride, I want you to feel confident, sexy, beautiful, powerful, empowered, ready to take the next step in your relationship, filled with joy and feeling good in your skin on your wedding day. You deserve nothing less.
If you want more information about how you can reach your wedding day goals follow me on Instagram @corinnegilardi or join my free Facebook community “Bride Tribe Weight Loss with Corinne” to learn more and be supported on your journey.”
Thanks, Corinne! I know that my readers will love this blog as much as I did. And congrats (in advance) on your big day…I am crossing my fingers until next March for you!
Girl with a diamond ring